Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Twitter Reflection

Before the twitter assignment, I had heard of twitter but I did not have any idea what twitter actually was. The assignment helped me understand twitter and become more familiar with the ways it can be used. As far as twitter itself, there are things I like and things I do not like about it. I like the fact that twitter is an easy and interpersonal way to stay updated with what certain people, groups or organizations are doing. I think it can be useful and enjoyable if the people or groups being followed on twitter are of interest. One thing I did not like about twitter is that there is a large amount of useless information. No disrespect to my classmates and I am sure they feel the same way about my twitter posts, but I do not find it necessary or interesting to know every little thing that everyone is thinking or doing throughout the entire day. This may be my fault in not being familiar enough with twitter to properly sort through the posts and categories that interest me. I found the posts from the media, marketing and business groups to be more informative and interesting than the posts from individuals. I think that there is both personal and professional value in twitter. I feel there is personal value because it is yet another communication tool that helps people stay connected and updated with their friends, family or anyone else they are interested in. There is professional value because it is another way to easily deliver up to the minute information about your business or organization to a large amount of people. I think that I will continue to use twitter. I think that the more I use twitter and the more familiar I become with it, the more enjoyment and value I will receive from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment