Monday, May 11, 2009

Blog Review

Of all the blogs I reviewed, the two most interesting were the Mashable and Seth Godin blogs. The content of the two blogs were completely different, but both were written in a witty and humorous way. The information from each blog was valuable, but in different ways.

I chose to review the Mashable blog primarily because one of the first posts I looked at was about the recent “Mother Lover” music video/ Saturday Night Live skit, which I thought was hilarious. I read a good amount of posts on this blog, all of which were either by Pete Cashmore, Ben Parr or Adam Ostrow. Every post was written in a conversational, humorous and somewhat sarcastic way. The impression I got from the three authors was that they were all young, intelligent, witty and very knowledgeable about new communication technologies and the entertainment world. The majority of the content from the Mashable blogs was about communication networks such as Twitter, Facebook and Youtube. If I was seeking information dealing with these types of networks, the information from this blog would be useful, but since I was not, the information was just funny and entertaining. Regardless of what I am looking for, I will most likely visit this blog again.

Seth Godin’s blog was more informative but less entertaining than the Mashable blog, although it was still pretty humorous. All of Seth’s posts were about marketing in one way or another, but most were about funny views he has on issues dealing with marketing. He writes about strategies and techniques of marketing. He writes in a humorous, honest and somewhat controversial way, but with credibility. Seth Godin has written many books about marketing and seems incredibly knowledgeable about the topic. In one of his posts he talks about how all marketers are liars. In my opinion, he talks about marketing the way Jim Rome talks about sports. His posts titled “Too Much Free,” “Houdini Technique” and “What to do With People Who Aren’t Going to go Away Quietly,” are all funny because what he writes and jokes about are so true. I think a lot of the content from his blogs can be very informative and useful to a lot of people involved in marketing, but for an average college student like me, it was just mildly entertaining. I will definitely check out his blog again if I ever have to write about issues dealing with marketing, and I may even check it out for my own entertainment.

http://mashable.com/

http://sethgodin.typepad.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment