Monday, April 20, 2009

A little bit about myself and my weekend

My name is Ty Schaub and I am a graduating senior this quarter. Comm 634 will be my final class as an OSU student, as long as I am lucky enough to pass. I am a Communication major and a captain of the OSU men's tennis team. After June 5th, I have no real idea what I am going to do with my life, but for some odd reason I kind of like that. This past weekend was somewhat eventful for me. On friday our team won our fourth straight Big Ten regular season championship by beating Northwestern. On friday night a few of us celebrated a little bit but could not get too crazy because we still had a double header against Wisconsin and Wright State on Sunday. Saturday I had practice in the morning, then did absolutely nothing but enjoy the nice weather the rest of the day. I would have liked to go to bed early Saturday night, but sleeping was impossible due to the amount of noise from parties and what seemed like multiple riots going on around my house on 12th Avenue. Around Midnight a few of my roomates and I spotted a guy trying to break into an apartment next door. We called the cops but they were unsuccessful getting there before he took off. Luckily for our neighbors, the guy was also unsuccessful in getting into the apartment. The unsuccessful thief was driving an old van which was painted half black and half white, so if anyone sees something like this parked outside your place, you might want to make sure your doors are locked. Despite the lack of sleep, our matches went pretty smoothly as we were able to beat both Wisconsin and Wright State. Sunday's matches were the final regular season home matches for myself and the other two seniors on our team, so it was nice to go out with a win. Sunday night there were no attempted break-ins and no near riots. Although the weather was not as nice as Saturday, the night was pretty enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment